Terms & Conditions of My Service
MY COMMITMENT TO MY CLIENTS
- To safeguard the welfare of the client and the dog at all times.
- To avoid any behaviour which may appear to violate professional boundaries.
- To use professional knowledge, research and experience to create a bespoke behavioural programme for every dog.
- To avoid prejudice against any person or group for any reason including but not limited to origin, gender, age or ability.
- To avoid prejudice against any standard of dog for any reason including but not limited to breed, background, age or ability.
- To uphold and increase competency of skills in order to continue to provide a quality and responsible service.
- To provide clear and timely reports and accurate record keeping where appropriate.
- To advise clear details of session costs.
- Never to recommend a product if unsure it will benefit the dog and that I am suitably qualified to make such a recommendation.
- To keep accurate records of any complaints and actions taken in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- To carry the appropriate insurance corresponding to my business at all times.
IN RETURN I ASK
- Payment may be made either by BANK TRANSFER or by CASH only.
- Please note that any still photos taken of dogs during training are for instructional/promotional use and may be used in social media or on the website for this reason. However videos taken of dogs will be sent only to the client and will not be published on any media forum without the client’s prior consent.
- Dogs should not be fed a heavy meal prior to training. If he is hungry a small ration can be given 30-minutes beforehand with the remainder of his meal after the session is over.
- Dogs should not be heavily exercised before a session; a short round-the-block walk or a brief game of fetch to stretch the legs is fine but keep any major exercise until after training.
- Children are always welcome in 1-2-1 sessions. However child safety is of the utmost importance and whilst I am committed to teaching children how to engage with dogs safely, if a child is likely to become bored or fractious during a session please ensure there are other activities lined up for them to do whilst I demonstrate and explain exercises. I will not train with a child of any age if the child is unwilling to learn – the risk is just too great. Equally parents should be fully committed to any training process in order for a child to do the same.
About Your 1-2-1 Dog Training Session
Please have ready on the day of your session:
- Your dog!
- Any additional family members you wish to include
- Suitable equipment; collar, leash and harness for your dog to wear
- Training treats
Suitable equipment includes:
- Flat collars (either with buckle or snap fastening)
- Wide flat collar (Greyhound, Whippet, Saluki etc)
- Good quality leash (leather, suede or fabric) length dependent upon breed.
fitting harness (preferably padded)
Unsuitable equipment includes:
- Extendable leash
- Choke chain (also called a check chain)
- Martingale (also called a half check)
- All-in-one collar/leash chain (another name for a choke chain)
- Electric shock collar (now illegal in Scotland)
- Prong collar
- Citronella collar (or anything else that sprays)
- Vibration or remote collar
PLEASE NOTE I will not train a dog wearing any equipment on the UNSUITABLE list. If you would like advice on what equipment to use to train your dog safely please discuss with me prior to your session date.